Being the huge animal lover and proud dog mom that I am, I tend to go all out for my dogs. When it comes to birthdays, I hold nothing back. For the last two dog birthdays I have been baking a peanut butter cake that my dogs LOVE. I thought i’d share this recipe with you all.
Disclaimer: although I am Vegan, my dogs are not so this recipe does call for eggs and honey.
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup shredded carrots (optional)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup peanut butter (1/2 cup for cake batter, 1/2 cup for frosting)
- 1/2-3/4 cup honey
- Place eggs, peanut butter, vanilla extract, shredded carrots, coconut oil and honey in a medium sized bowl. Mix well.
- Add baking soda and flour and combine.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-30 minutes and allow to cool
- when the cake is cool, place peanut butter in a piping bag and frost the cake (I added dog chow for decoration but this is optional)
It’s that simple and quick to make 🙂