It’s officially October which means Halloween is right around the corner. I love Halloween…almost as much as I love Christmas. It’s the time of the year when we all binge watch horrors and our favorite Halloween movies. I’ve decided to compile a list to help you all out this Halloween. These are my favorite horrors…the ones I will re-watch over and over. My friends over at 868living have made a list of their favorite not so scary but still fun to watch horrors. Be sure to check that list out as well. Leave a comment letting me know your favorite movie(s) to watch around this time of year 🙂
1. A nightmare on Elm street (2010)– this film about a man named Freddy Krueger who terrorizes children in their sleep, is a remake of the 1984 version. Although I have not seen the original version, this is one of my favorite horrors.
2. Insidious– I have not yet seen the third movie but the first two are a must watch. The original Insidious was the first horror I ever watched and definitely left me wanting more. Both movies, based upon possession and the process of freeing the possessed persons, Insidious 1 and 2 are movies that I could re-watch a million times and never get bored.
3. Rings (2017)– Jumping to a more recent movie, a remake of The ring (2002). This is another great horror that although I’ve only watched once so far, I could see myself re-watching it over and over. About a circulating video that once watched leaves you with seven days to live, the movie is intriguing and definitely an interesting one.
4. Don’t breathe (2016)– this movie is about a young trio who break into the home of a bling veteran to rob him, thinking he’d be an easy target. They’re then trapped in the house as they find out his secret. This horror is a more of a realistic one as it doesn’t involve any supernatural elements. There was a lot of suspense and unknowns which made this movie quite an interesting and engrossing one.
5. Get out (2017)- this movie, about a guy who goes with his girlfriend to visit her parents and then makes surprising discoveries, is another interesting one. There are countless plot twists and the movie gets more intriguing as it progresses. This one is definitely a must watch if you haven’t already seen it.
6. Sinister (2012)– A writer tries to solve the death of a family and moves into their old home. A supernatural force then makes it’s presence in the house known. This movie was detailed and a bit much to follow, however, it was certainly interesting and left me with so many questions.
7. Hush (2016)– similar to Get out, Hush is another realistic horror. It is about a deaf writer who moves to the woods and is trapped in her house by a masked killer. This was a pretty scary one for me as masks and anything of that sort tend to scare me more than the supernatural aspects would. Overall, the plot was good and I enjoyed it.
8. The woman in black (2012)– about the spirit of a woman who is trying to find someone she lost, this movie started off a bit boring and gradually got better. It’s a good quality horror with plot twists and lots of jump scares. Although I have not seen the sequel, the first one is worth watching.
9. The bye bye man (2017)– this movie, about a spirit that you can’t get rid of once you say its name, has an interesting story-line and i’d definitely recommend it.
10. Lights out (2016)– a supernatural force with a vengeance for the family torments them once the lights go out off at night. This movie presented unexpected twists and an ending that left me wanting more…as most tend to do.
These movies are more recent ones as I don’t tend to enjoy older movies as much. Nevertheless, I hope this lists helps. Happy watching 🙂