While on the hunt for Vegan recipes on Pinterest, I came across this banana bread recipe and decided to give it a go. After a couple of changes here and there, I’ve come up with the perfect recipe. This banana bread is delicious, simple to make and of course, Vegan.
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar (may vary depending on desired sweetness)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 3/8 cup water
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 very ripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, place bananas and mash with a fork.
- Then, add coconut oil (liquid), water, vinegar, vanilla extract and sugar. Mix well.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt and combine to form dough.
- Place dough into a greased loaf pan (coconut oil may be used) and bake for 30-35 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow loaf to cool fully before slicing