Apart from the traditional chocolates and candies associated with Valentine’s Day, I also love those adorable heart-shaped treats. Anything that’s sweet and sugary really. What can I say? I have a major sweet tooth. This is this perfect cookie to bake for family, friends and significant others as it’s super simple but still mouthwateringly delicious. With Valentine’s Day just one week away, I’m sharing my cookie recipe on this lovely Wednesday. So here it is, without any further delay (okay I’m done rhyming now).
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Vegan/vegetable-based butter
- 3 tbsp non-dairy milk (add more if necessary)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup grated beet (more can be added if you desire more coloured cookies)
- 1 pack chocolate chips (add in proportion to the amount of dough)
- Cream the butter and sugar, then add the vanilla extract
- Sift the flour in a separate bowl, then add the salt and baking soda
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients by hand until it becomes crumbly
- Add the milk, beet and chocolate chips and combine well
- Roll the dough into a ball, then roll it out to ideal thickness and use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut the cookies out.
- Place the cookies on trays lined with parchment paper and bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Monitor closely.
And that’s all there is to it!