I have never been a huge breakfast person. For me, something that’s quick and easy has always been the way to go. That’s typically a fruit or a bowl of cereal but every now and then I like to put in a little more effort. My go-to for this is a yummy Tofu scramble. It can be cooked in just under ten (10) minutes and served with toast. Sounds great right?
This post is in collaboration with the lovely Arielle. Be sure to check out her post for more yummy breakfast food recipes.
Here’s what you’ll need to make your tofu scramble:
- 1 block of tofu (firm or extra-frim)
- 1-2 tbs margarine/oil
- 1-2 tsp salt (to taste)
- A dash of crushed pepper flakes
- A dash of black pepper
- 1/2 a small onion
- 1/2 a tomato
- 1 tbs chive
- 1 tbs cilantro (for garnish)
- Chop and prepare an onion, tomato and any other veggies of your choice
- Cut a small piece of tofu and remove the water by pressing with a paper towel. I dont have an exact measurement for the amount of tofu I use as I usually eye-ball it
- In a small bowl, crush the tofu using your hands and season with salt, black pepper and pepper flakes. Combine well using a folk
- Then, in a pan on medium heat, place your margarine or oil (I use margarine) and once melted, add onions, tomatoes and chive (and any other veggies of your choice)
- Allow this to cook for approximately two (2) minutes (turning often)
- Then add the seasoned tofu turn. Allow this to cook for two-three minutes and remove from heat
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with sides of your choice
Click here for more recipes!
Until next time,